It is the policy of Compañía Minera del Pacífico S.A. to conduct its activities with respect to its corporate Mission to ensure the protection of the workers, installations and processes involved in its operations. The Company is committed to lead continuous actions for identifying, eliminating and controlling all the risks that might cause damage to persons, the property and/or interruptions to processes, promoting the active participation of all the workers.
For the achievement of this purpose, C.M.P includes:
- Compliance with all current laws and regulations relating to the prevention of risks in the mining industry.
- Preparation of a modern loss control plan on the basis of an effective leadership of each member of the management line, with formal programs of activities and performance standards that permit a timely and permanent administrative control.
- Design, maintenance and operation of its installations to safeguard the physical integrity of the workers, equipment and property in general.
- Establishment of the emergency plans necessary for situations considered as critical.
- Acting quickly and effectively in emergency situations and/or accidents in its operations, cooperating with the authorities and authorized institutions.
- Developing training programs for its personnel in risk prevention, occupational health and the environment, promoting self care and a preventive culture.
- Demanding from contractors the leadership and administration of risk prevention among their workers, plus their commitment to self-care.
- Making suitable revisions and evaluations to measure progress and ensure compliance with this policy.
- Promoting joint committees in hygiene and safety, continuously reinforcing their actions through the mission that Law 16,744 and Decree 54 demand, and advising the management with analyses, comments and suggestions in risk prevention and investigation into important accidents.
Our policy is based on the principle of exercising an effective leadership and in the active and committed participation of every worker, believing that every accident can be prevented, that each person is responsible for their own safety and that of their surroundings, that the control of risks should never be ignored in reaching production targets, and that a work well done requires preventive conduct. The active and permanent commitment of the whole organization with this policy will permit achieving a working environment free of accidents and lead to becoming leaders in the mining industry in this matter.