It is the policy of Compañía Minera del Pacífico S.A. to conduct the tasks of its Mission so that its activities are managed to ensure the protection of the personnel, the installations and the processes.
To achieve this, the safety and occupational health policy states that it will:
- Comply with the legislation, commitments acquired and applicable regulations relating to safety and occupational health.
- Implement, maintain and continuously improve a certifiable safety and occupational health management, oriented to identifying, eliminating and/or controlling all labor risks in order to prevent work injuries and illnesses, promoting the active participation of all the personnel.
- Explore, develop projects, operate and maintain the installations, equipment and work-sites under its responsibility, in order to safeguard the health and physical integrity of the people related to these activities.
- Maintain the necessary emergency plans for facing abnormal situations that might lead to risks of injuries or work illnesses of the personnel.
- Strengthen a preventive culture that emphasizes the commitment with self care by the personnel and those of the contractors.
- Develop training programs for the personnel in safety and occupational health.
- Require contractors to develop risk control programs for their workers, which also safeguard the personnel, equipment and installations of CMP.
- Carry out revisions and evaluations to measure progress and ensure compliance with this policy.
- Establish effective communication channels with all people under the control of the organization and with other interested parties.
Our policy is based on the principle of exercising visible, effective and constant leadership and in the committed participation of each employee, believing that every occupational accident and illness can be prevented, where each one is the first responsible for their own safety and that of their surroundings, that risk control is never ignored in order to reach operating targets, and that a job well done requires a preventive conduct. The active and permanent commitment of the whole organization with this policy will permit a working environment free of accidents and occupational illnesses, in accordance with the principles of corporate social responsibility.