Compañía Minera del Pacífico S.A. was created in 1981 out of a new organic restructuring of Compañía de Acero del Pacífico S.A., today CAP S.A., which become an investment corporation that channeled its production and service activities through subsidiary companies that have operative independence and management responsibility.
Compañía Minera del Pacífico S.A., CMP, is the owner and successor of the exploitation of the mining activities belonging to CAP S.A.
The mines are “El Algarrobo”, bought by CAP S.A. in 1959 from the Dutch company Mijnen N.V.; “El Romeral”, acquired in 1971 from Bethlehem Iron Mines Co.; and other iron deposits located in Chile’s II, III and IV Regions.
Compañía Minera del Pacífico S.A. was incorporated as an independent company by public deed dated December 15, 1981 before the Santiago notary Félix Jara Cadot, replacing Eduardo González Abbott, which contains its bylaws.
The corresponding abstract was registered on December 16, 1981, folio 294 No.145 in the La Serena Trade Register and published in the Official Gazette on December 21, 1981.